ค้นหา

Custom Search

วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 21 กุมภาพันธ์ พ.ศ. 2556

Caila-Made: Make your own metal frame clutch pattern: A Tutori...

Make your own metal frame clutch pattern: A Tutorial







Here is a picture of what your pattern will look like when we're done, if you use one of these frames:


Keep in mind, if you use a different frame, the top half of your pattern will be shaped differently. 

STEP ONE
Place your hardware on the paper and mark the spots I specify in the picture below. FYI, the height of my clutch in the pattern is 4 1/4" from frame to bottom edge. I did not include a boxed bottom on this clutch. If you want to add a boxed (flat) bottom (like this clutch), add at least 3/4" to the bottom of your pattern.


STEP TWO:
At this point, you need to do a couple of things:

  1. Add 1/2" to the top of your height line for the seam allowance. OH LOOK, I misspelled "height" in the photo. I swer i went to colege.
  2. Add 1/2" to the bottom of your height line for seam allowance. The depth of your clutch will depend on the frame you've chosen, but don't worry, you don't need to draw any more lines for that. I just wanted to point out that your pattern may be deeper than mine, or the other way around, depending on your hardware. If you have a wider frame, your clutch needs to be deeper than mine to compensate, so make that line longer. 


STEP 3

We are only going to draft the RIGHT SIDE of a pattern from here on out.

Trace the curved line of your metal frame, and let it extend 1/4" to 1/2" down from where the frame ends. Here, draw a line that extends 1" out from the edge of the frame. I call this the corner line. See the picture below for reference.The corner line I'm talking about has 1" written below it.

At the very bottom, draw a line from your center point that stops short of the corner line by 3/4" or 1".  Again, see the picture for reference.

I hope this is making sense. 


STEP FOUR
Connect the lines so they look like this:


STEP FIVE
Now, trace a copy of your pattern on a clean sheet of paper.


Fold the paper in half along the center line and cut out your pattern.


LOOK AT THAT, you're very own clutch pattern. Hooray!


Here's a refresher of my dimensions, just in case. Remember, yours may be different if using a different frame.



Now, head to this post for instructions on how to turn your self-drafted pattern into an adorable clutch!

GOOD LUCK with pattern-making! You can totally do this! If you have any questions, and you probably will after those sketchy directions, please don't hesitate to ask in the comments below or shoot me an email.

If you decide pattern drafting just isn't your cup of tea, and want someone to do it for you, I already have! I'm giving my clutch pattern away to followers of CailaMade. Just email me a request for the pattern and I'll send it out within 24 hours. (The pattern is for use with 5" metal frames. I purchased mine here).

I'd also like to know if this would be helpful as a video? I thought about working up a short video tutorial, but I'd like to gauge interest first. You'd get to see my silly facial expressions and a little bit of my house. Plus my chewed up finger nails. What do you say? Would a video tutorial be helpful?

ที่มาของข้อมูลค่า

Caila-Made: Make your own metal frame clutch pattern: A Tutori...: By now I've, hopefully, talked you all into making your own Love Letter Clutch . (If not, head over to the blog post and email me for t...

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น